The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford is seeking an experienced candidate for a Senior Director of Development. The Senior Director is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing activities and programs to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned gifts from individual donors and prospects at the five-figure level and above. They serve as primary liaison with department heads and other key faculty to identify fundraising priorities and initiatives and to develop a strategy for soliciting funds.
The candidate for this position may be based in Rockford, Chicago, or a surrounding city. If in Chicago or a surrounding city, frequent travel to Rockford will be required. This candidate is an integral position within the College of Medicine Advancement team and is part of the College of Medicine at Rockford’s senior fundraising team. They will work closely with the Regional Dean as well as senior leaders.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Duties) Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of 120-150 donors and prospects by qualifying, researching, cultivating, and soliciting gifts of $25,000 or more from individuals, corporations, and foundations. Complete a minimum of 120 face to face visits annually.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to cultivate and solicit annual leadership level gifts of $2,500 to $24,999.
- Prepare professional presentations and funding proposals for donors as required.
- Direct development strategy and activities to ensure alignment with Chief Advancement Officer priorities and initiatives.
- Serve as advancement subject matter expert for Department Heads, Dean, and faculty in developing and implementing strategies to solicit gifts, scholarships, facilities, or endowments to fund the mission of the College.
- Serve as subject matter lead on COM Rockford, including the Rural Medicine and Medical Evaluation Response Initiative Team programs, for the COM Advancement team
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years of fundraising experience, preferably in higher education, with demonstrated ability to solicit five and six figure gifts.
- Experience working with board members, key volunteers, and internal leadership in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Strong interpersonal, management, organizational and communication skills. Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with a fundraising database.
Salary Range: $110,000-120,000.
To view the full job description, please visit Uof I School of Medicine Senior Director of Development Rockford 12.23.22 FINAL (002)
For fullest consideration, please apply by March 10, 2023 at the UIC Job Board:
Please include a cover letter along with a resume.