Are you a people person who enjoys getting to know others? Do you desire to help the community? Want to put those two passions together? Then we are looking for you!
United Way of Rock River Valley is seeking a Relationship Manager/Labor Relations Specialist. This position will work with local businesses to raise funds for the community and provide specific support to companies with labor representation. We are an inclusive team and looking for the next best person to join us!
Our ideal candidate should have the following experience and qualities:
- Experience in sales, fund development, or community organizing.
- Outgoing and able to hold a conversation.
- Open, flexible, a self-motivator, and enjoys learning.
- Community minded and passionate about improving lives.
- Understands and appreciates Labor Unions – prior experience working with Labor Unions is a plus.
Main objectives for this job:
- Work one-on-one with local businesses to raise funds for the community and provide specific support to companies with labor.
- Work actively with the campaign team to provide pertinent information on union accounts including climate and contacts.
- Increase labor participation in United Way campaigns.
- Support labor in their outreach through participating with committees for events such as Labor Day parade, picnic, golf outings and more.
- Improve labor participation in volunteer activities.
- Maintain ongoing participation with all local unions, educating them on United Way, its initiatives, and programs.
- Network and build deeper relationships among Health, Human services, Community and other organizations with organized labor and United Way.
To apply, please contact Octavia Williams, Director of Development, United Way of Rock River Valley: email@example.com; please include cover letter outlining how your experience aligns with the job description, and a current resume.