Nik’s Wish, The Nikolas Ritschel Foundation (NRF) is a Rockford-based, all volunteer, 501(c)(3) charity founded in 2012. Their mission is to BRING JOY throughout the nation to young adults (18-24), and their loved ones, fighting cancer by granting and then fulfilling wishes for these courageous young adults (Wishers), who are too old for Make-A-Wish type programs. Since its founding, Nik’s Wish has granted nearly 275 wishes in 38 States. Currently, a wish is averaging $7,500 to fulfill.
The Development Director will develop and execute all aspects of the NRF’s fundraising including grant writing,
fundraising campaigns, major gift solicitation, donor-centered communications, and maintenance of our donor
database. They will also assist in maximizing the effectiveness of fundraising events. This position reports directly to the NRF’s Board of Directors with day-to-day oversight by the NRF Executive Director. It’s a fulltime, 1-year, independent contractor position, with the opportunity for growth and annual renewal based on performance.
Requirements & Qualifications (include, but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider those with equivalent real-world knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated fundraising and development background with established local and national connections
- Highly skilled in researching grant opportunities and completing grant applications
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the intricacies and best practices of fund-development
- Familiar with the effective use of donor-management software (such as Salesforce)
- Exceptional written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
To learn more about Nik’s Wish, visit www.NiksWish.org or https://www.facebook.com/NikolasRitschelFoundation/.
To view the full job description, please visit: Nik’s Wish Development Director 622
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
The Nikolas Ritschel Foundation
Kelli Ritschel Boehle, Founder, Executive Director
cell 815-262-8825 (Text anytime; Calls after 5:30 pm please)