The Business Sponsorship Representative is responsible for securing financial support from businesses and non-profits for Wisconsin Public Radio. Our business sponsors support WPR because of the shared belief in the news, programs and content it provides, and for the opportunity to reach a large audience of loyal listeners.
This fundraising professional must thrive in a performance-based, goal-driven sales environment and independently manage their time between selling and non-selling activities. The account executive should thoroughly embrace the culture and ethos of WPR’s audience and have an affinity for the companies that support WPR. Reports to the South-Central Regional Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Identifies and solicits corporate and foundation gifts including the development, implementation, and evaluation of giving strategies; manages relationships with key industry and foundation officials to advance institutional goals;
- Designs, delivers, and evaluates new and existing corporate and foundation relations events, programs, and communications materials;
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates company and industry research in support of determining appropriate resource allocations;
- Monitors site visits with internal and external corporate and foundation stakeholders to assist in multi-unit collaboration.
Preferred, Bachelor’s Degree: Degree in Marketing, Mass Media, Business or other related preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in media sales.
- Experience in Arbitron and/or Nielsen ratings.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Proven ability to work in both independent and group settings.
- Goal oriented and self-motivator.
To view the full job description, please visit Wisconsin Public Radio 123
For more information and how to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/516891/business-sponsorship-representative